Free Whitepaper: Download our Free Whitepaper: The Comprehensive Guide to Comparing 3D Filament
Aluminum Extruder Type A (Printrbot) In stock
Free Shipping within Canada and the USA on Orders >$99 CAD
Please NOTE: US orders may be subject to duties and taxes!
Local Pickup Available at our Hamilton, Ontario Store
A classic extruder design, modeled after the popular Printrbot style extruder. This extruder combines an all aluminum design with a low part count and easy assembly.
Fits most any direct drive printer, and is compatible with most J-Head style hotends. To adjust filament tension, simply tighten or loosen the screw on the idler arm until desired. Can also be adopted for Bowden and flexible use with some simple printed upgrades.
1. Insert your hotend into the base of the extruder and use 2 long screws to attach it to the base of your motor.
2. Attach the drive gear to your motor's shaft, and tighten the set screw against the flat of the motor shaft.
3. Insert the long screw through the end of the idler arm, and then insert the spring onto the screw. Loosely attach the nut to keep the spring in place.
4. Insert the flanged bushing onto the idler arm, and then attach the arm to the motor. The spring and nut should be captured by the slot on the extruder base.
5. Adjust tension using the screw on the arm until desired.
6. Attach the assembly to your printer using the screw mounts on the bottom of the extruder.