Free Whitepaper: Download our Free Whitepaper: The Comprehensive Guide to Comparing 3D Filament
Modifi3D 3D Print Finishing Tool Out of stock
Free Shipping within Canada and the USA on Orders >$99 CAD
Please NOTE: US orders may be subject to duties and taxes!
Local Pickup Available at our Hamilton, Ontario Store
- Deburring Tools
MODIFI3D ORIGINAL is a heated tool with specially coated interchangeable tips designed to finish, repair and modify 3D printed parts. MODIFI3D ORIGINAL is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints.
The pen like form of MODIFI3D ORIGINAL makes it very comfortable to use and extremely easy to control when precision is important. MODIFI3D ORIGINAL works with PLA, ABS and other 3D printing materials.
See the... 4 Interchangeable Tips.
MODIFI3D ORIGINAL SPECS
USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 recommended
Size: 15mm (0.6") x 117mm (4.6") excluding tips
Weight: 120g (4.3 oz)
Cable: 1.5m (59") long to USB A plug
Heats up to 300ºC (572ºF) in less than 15 seconds.
Maximum temperature of 420-450ºC (788-842ºF)
Finishing 3D prints should be easy and never a chore. Simply plug in the USB, touch the switch and in less than 15 seconds you are ready to go. You will be able to remove any unwanted material or modify your print without having to redesign and print again!
Place MODIFI3D ORIGINAL on its stand and in 25 seconds it will go into sleep mode (a basic stand is included but you can print your own stand/tool holder with our downloadable 3D file).
STEP BY STEP
1. Remove the protective cap (if used) and place MODIFI3D ORIGINAL on the included stand.
2. Plug in the USB (USB 2.0 or 3.0 recommended).
3. Touch the metal switch to start heating. A red light indicates that MODIFI3D ORIGINAL is switched on.
3. In less than 15 seconds MODIFI3D ORIGINAL will reach around 300ºC (572ºF) and is ready for use. To increase the temperature or reach the maximum of 420-450ºC (788-842ºF) continue to touch the metal switch until the required temperature is reached.
4. If MODIFI3D ORIGINAL is not used for 25 seconds it will go into sleep mode (light will go out and the tip will start to cool). To wake MODIFI3D ORIGINAL just gently touch the switch and the heating process will continue.
5. Always unplug the USB if MODIFI3D ORIGINAL is not being used.
QUICK CHANGE TIPS
1. To change tips unplug the USB and allow to cool fully.
2. Unscrew the locking nut and pull out the tip
3. Push the replacement tip in fully and tighten the locking nut
4. Plug in the USB... Easy!
HOW TO CLEAN MODIFI3D ORIGINAL TIPS
Over time you may want to clean the interchangeable tips. We recommend using a damp sponge to remove any plastic or residue from the tips. This works best whilst the tips are still warm (but obviously not hot enough to pose a risk of burning). Please ensure that the USB is unplugged and the tips have cooled to a safe temperature.
Do not use abrasive cleaning products. This can damage the special coating on the tips.