Filament Spectrum smart ABS
Durable and impact resistant
The specific qualities of Spectrum Smart ABS include a high impact resistance and relatively high rigidity. “Smart” version demonstrates improved processing parameters which considerably reduce the difficulties which accompany the additive manufacturing using the standard ABS. It is essentially the lower shrinkage and reduced emission of irritant volatiles during processing. An unquestionable advantage is that the material retains its properties at temperatures down to -40°C.
Compared to standard ABS, smart ABS is characterized by:
- reduced shrinkage ratio,
- shiny surface of the printout,
- lower printing temperature,
- increased flow rate.
- high impact resistance and rigidity while retaining a relatively high dimensional accuracy
- high gloss of external surface
- reduced warping ratio (0.5-0.7%)
- HDT - 85°C
- VICAT - 93°C
- good interlayer adhesion, especially using 3D printer with heated chamber
- low water absorption
- easy post-processing (grinding, drilling, sawing)
- manufacturing of all kinds of enclosures, guards, protectors and other similar items subject to impacts
- possibility of mechanical treatments allows to produce items to facilitate and help conduct installations, i.e. handles, rules, gauges
- end-use parts
- industrial design
- custom components
The possibility to conduct chemical treatments (acetone vapours) on Smart ABS provides for extremely smooth surfaces of printed items. Hence, items treated as above are used in the industrial design and broadly defined decoration-related industry.
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly large impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axis with ±0.8µm accuracy, what allows to obtain a high-quality final product. As a proof of this, Spectrum Filaments has introduced, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, the possibility of presenting online, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.
Spectrum color name Bahama Yellow
Dimensional tolerance ± 0.05mm
Verify your spool - preview of the diameter course on the entire length of the spool YES
Density 1.05 g/cm³
Net weight 1000g
Total weight 1400g
Recommended print settings
Printing temperature 230-255°C
Heated bed necessary
Heated bed temperature 100°C
Printing speed 40-100mm/s
Closed chamber Recommended for larger prints
Dimensions of the spool
Outer diameter 200mm
Inner diameter 52mm
Empty spool weight ± 250g