Black - 1.75mm 3DXTech CarbonX™ PEEK+CF10 Filament - 0.5kg In stock
CarbonX™ 10% Carbon Fiber PEEK+CF10 Filament
CarbonX™ PEEK+CF10 is one of the premier polymers in FFF/FDM 3D Printing. Made using 10% high-modulus chopped carbon fiber for exceptional stiffness, strength, and dimensional stability.
PEEK+CF10 is one of the highest performance thermoplastics ever invented. It is used in some of the most demanding applications by industries such as Auto, Aerospace, Defense, Semi-conductor, and Oil/Gas. Engineers depend on PEEK for applications where failure is not an option.
CarbonX™ PEEK+CF10 Properties Include:
- Superior mechanical properties, even at elevated temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (CTE)
- Near Zero moisture absorption
- Low smoke and toxic gas emissions
PEEK+CF10 Thermal Properties:
- Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT) of 320°C
- Glass Transition Temperature (Tg) of 143°C
- Melt Temperature (Tm) of 343°C
- PEEK has an incredible resistance to hydrolysis in boiling water and superheated steam (useful for sterilization and autoclaving) at temperatures in excess of 250°C
Typical PEEK+CF10 Applications Include:
Seals, Gears, Bushings, Bearings, Pump, and Compressor Components
Industries served: Auto, Aerospace, Defense, Semi-conductor, Oil & Gas
Printing with CarbonX™ PEEK+CF10
PEEK has a melt temperature (Tm) of 343°C, therefore, you will need an all-metal extruder capable of reaching (and holding) temps upwards of 400°C or more depending on your specific printer. Every printer, slicer, and printing environment is different and you will need to tinker to find a process which works for you. One of the more difficult aspects of printing with PEEK was getting it to stick to the build plate.
Please note: PEEK+CF10 has a tendency to stick to metal (PEEK loves metal). Make sure to purge out your extruder completely before it cools down or you run the risk permanent clogs. Seriously, we know this first hand.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter